PGM Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGM Studios

Welcome to the JPOG mods heaven.. welcome to PGM Studios!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dinosaur going to be cloned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mapusaurus 51
Administrator
Administrator
mapusaurus 51

Dinosaur going to be cloned Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:15 pm

Scientists at the University of Florida have successfully cloned a dinosaur, a spokesman from the university said yesterday.

The dinosaur, a baby Apatosaurus nicknamed “Spot,” is currently being incubated at the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine.

The scientists extracted DNA from preserved Apatosaurus fossils, which were on display at the university’s museum of natural science. Once the DNA was harvested, scientists injected it into a fertile ostrich womb.

“Ostriches share a lot of genetic traits with dinosaurs,” said Dr. Norman Trudell, a biology professor at UF and the project’s leading scientist. “Their eggshell microstructures are almost identical to those of the Apatosaurus. That’s why the cloning worked so perfectly
Those in the scientific community say the dinosaur cloning – the first ever of its kind – is a milestone for genetic engineering.

“I used to think this kind of thing could only happen in the movies,” said Dr. Sven Bjornsen, a UF chemistry professor. “But we’re making it happen right here in our lab. It’s astounding.”

The cloning attracted the attention of a wide variety of animal rights activists and religious groups. They claim that animal cloning is unethical and immoral.
coment: i have to say that the persons that are doing this are stupid because they didnt think about the danger of cloning a dinosaur
and i saw that a fresh DNA of tyrannosaururs was going to be used for cloning tyrannosaurus Tyrannosaurus rex

PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk criticized the scientists for performing potentially life threatening threats on a new species.

“These scientists brought an animal from the Jurassic age back to life – just to watch it suffer!” she said.

But Dr. Trudell doesn’t seem to be bothered by the activists’ quibbling. He says that the opportunities afforded by dinosaur cloning are endless.

Within ten years, we could repopulate the world with dinosaurs,” he said. “We could harvest them for civic service, law enforcement, or even mass transportation.”

“Imagine riding to work on a dinosaur,” he continued. “Wouldn’t that be incredible?”

As of press time, the dinosaur is in stable condition. Scientists plan to run more tests on him today.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Thrax
Growing
Growing
Dr.Thrax

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:44 am

looks like john hammond`s dream is becoming true. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://jpog-forum.getdiscussion.com/
mapusaurus 51
Administrator
Administrator
mapusaurus 51

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 pm

i dont see any lol! because dinosaur are dangerous and god give them the chance of live and now they dont live
Back to top Go down
jplm
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:06 pm

looks much more like a fake/failed attemp, first reason why it isnt true: really old article, and no pictures, so the dinosaur is either dead, or was never cloned.
second reson: if something like that would have happened, it would... idk... appear in all news throughout the world
Back to top Go down
mapusaurus 51
Administrator
Administrator
mapusaurus 51

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:55 pm

yeah i havent see any new about a good dna of apatosaurus i havent see news but i saw that there was good dna of tyrannosaurus pale
Back to top Go down
jplm
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:26 pm

that's what Im talking about. I mean, it is extremely easy for DNA to survive 150000000 years, that's why jp was made right?or else they coudnt have recorded dinosaurs sarcasm
Back to top Go down
JPOG rocks
JPOG rocks

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Good one JPLM you receive your very own Welcome to Jurassic as a prize lol!
Back to top Go down
Deld
Administrator
Administrator
Deld

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:18 pm

It would be awesome to see a dinosaur again but, if they supposedly clone a T-rex, humanity would be seeing it's last days, so if they really do one day, let's hope they clone herbivores instead of carnivores.
Back to top Go down
https://pgmstudios.forumeiros.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinosaur going to be cloned   Dinosaur going to be cloned Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinosaur going to be cloned
Page 1 of 1